When: February 8, 2017 8:30-2PM
Where: Fayette Institute of Tech.
What: WV Fed Up Regional Conference
Who: Students and teachers who are excited about School Wellness
Cost: Free, lunch provided
Registration: Fill out form at bottom of page (limited to the 1st 20 students that register)
To provide students and teachers with tools to make changes to increase wellness within their own schools. This could be anything from adding filtered water stations to creating a Farm to School project. Check out the successes from last year’s student-led groups in this video made by WV Public Broadcasting, http://wvfedup.org/ and a short, 2 min video about their message, http://wvfedup.org/fed-up-for-students/.
- Students in Grades 6-12 and teacher chaperone(s)
- Students and teacher must have watched Fed Up film in class
- Return school wellness assessment to email@example.com
- At least two (2) students per school, with a maximum of eight (8) per school
What You’ll Get
- Training on how to make changes to increase wellness in your school.
- Chance to win raffle prizes
- Hear from other students who have spread the message and made changes in their own school.
- Chance to talk to your local wellness chair to get support for your initiatives.
Wednesday, January 25th at 4:30 PM
Dial-in Number: (712) 432-1500
Access Code: 270302