Here are the details for the day. Please share this with your parents.
Overview: Planning Meeting on Saturday, September 30th from 10am-6pm at Adventures on the Gorge in Fayetteville, WV.
Location: Our planning session will be outdoors (under a large pavilion) at the Adventures on the Gorge Mountaineer Pavillion and Firepit. Here is an image of the pavilion, along with a map of the location. We will meet here at 10am and hold our strategy session until 2:30pm. Lunch will be mixed in between at Bufflers Restaurant.
Fun: At 3pm the fun begins on the Timber Trek Ropes Course. Below is a video all about it. This will conclude at 6pm (students are welcome to leave at 5pm if needed). We’ll all head home after that.
Expenses: WVFEDUP will take care of all expenses throughout the day and also provide a travel stipend to cover travel costs to/from Fayetteville for each school chaperone/parent.
Chaperone/Friends: Please let me know who will be bringing you to the event and if they plan to join us for the full day so that we can plan accordingly with our lunch numbers 🙂 Also, please feel free to bring a friend with you. Just let us know if you have someone in mind so that we can include them in our numbers for the day.
*IMPORTANT* Timber Trek Waiver Form: All students attending will need to an activity waiver completed by their parent or guardian in advance of the trip. Click this link to complete the form.
- Can I bring a friend? We encourage two from each school to attend. That said, YES, feel free to bring a friend! Just let us know if you do.
- What if my parent can’t bring me? The WVFEDUP Adult Leadership Team is happy to bring you if a parent or chaperone can not. Please let us know ASAP so that we can make travel arrangements.
- How does the travel stipend work? Each school will receive one travel stipend (up to $100 depending on the distance to the location). WVFEDUP will collect the necessary chaperone/driver information on the day of the event and mail a travel/reimbursement check to the parent chaperone.
- Will the chaperone or parent have any costs for the day? All expenses will be paid for the parent/chaperone, including Timber Trek.
- What should I wear to the planning meeting? Students are encouraged to dress comfortable. Since our planning will take place outdoors, please dress weather appropriate. Also, close toed shoes are required for the Timber Trek Ropes Course.
- What if I have additional questions? Please contact Mandy Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (304) 549-4660 or Laura Dice at email@example.com or at (202)276-7956
We are so excited and can’t wait to see you soon 🙂